ValHud to the Rescue!

MAN, I love her! Cannot get enough of her in my life! So you can imagine my delight and excitement when I received my April 2013 Ensign and on page 19 was a SIX PAGE feature article written by Mrs. Valerie M. Hudson and Richard B. Miller.
I did notice and find it slightly amusing that she chose not to use her usually hyphenated name for this article. That might scare away some of the more traditional members, I suppose. Haha!
Ok, I'm way too excited about this. But have you read this article?! Entitled, Equal Partnership in Marriage and written by my oh-so-most-favorite MoFem ever!

Here are some highlights:
"In some cultures, tradition places a man in a role to dominate, control and regulate all family affairs. That is not the way of the Lord. In some places the wife is almost owned by her husband, as if she were another of his personal possessions. That is a cruel, mistaken vision of marriage encouraged by Lucifer that EVERY PRIESTHOOD HOLDER MUST REJECT."

"In the plan of happiness, man and woman play equally powerful and equally important roles. For the plan to work, EACH MUST HEARKEN TO THE OTHER. Before God, they stand as equals."

"There must be room enough in a marriage for the dreams of both the husband and the wife and sweet encouragement from each to the other to follow those dreams."

I especially loved that last one. I just love that these issues are being addressed by the church in such a public way! Especially just after learning that women will be praying in general conference this year! Learn more here.

It sounds like we are being heard. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos of Mormon women leaders in Conference Center

Attaining, Accessing, Using Priesthood Power